The bank began as The First National Bank and opened for business on Monday, July 11, 1898. A red brick landmark, located on the southwest corner of Main and Third streets, housed The First National Bank until the end of World War I.
Pillars from the original building now stand on the SOSU campus at the Dunlap Boulevard entrance.
The first chartered bank in Durant and Bryan County, it issued a letter to the community which stated: “The First National Bank of Durant is distinctly an Indian Territory Institution, organized for the purpose of giving to the people of Durant and the Indian Territory generally, a First-Class banking institution in every sense of the word."
After moving to the corner of Main and Second Streets for a time, The First National Bank is now located on the northeast corner of Main and Third Streets, across from its original location. February 1942, the bank celebrated the opening of the bank in a new cream-colored, pressed brick building.
In 1982, The First National Bank opened the Motor Bank at the corner of Main and Fifth streets. The facility featured a new service for Durant residents, an ATM. The full service Northwest Heights Branch at 19th and University began operating in 1986. A remodel and expansion to the branch was completed in the spring of 2003 to accommodate a larger lending staff. Two major expansions have occurred since 1991 at the main branch, and the exterior was completely refurbished in 1994. The Boswell Bank was added to The First National family in August, 1997.
“Texoma” was added to the name in December of 2004 to better reflect the region served. Two banks in Sherman, Texas located at 2626 Loy Lake Road and 3425 Hwy 1417 were also added to the banking family.
First Texoma National Bank has over a 100-year history of being a steadfast and progressive financial institution, serving the financial needs of our communities. We are proud to call this part of the world home and look forward to helping our customers thrive today and for generations to come.