2019 Small Business of the Year - Durant Area Chamber of Commerce
Pillars from the original building now stand on the SOSU campus at the Dunlap Boulevard entrance.
After moving to the corner of Main and Second Streets for a time, The First National Bank is now located on the northeast corner of Main and Third Streets, across from its original location. February 1942, the bank celebrated the opening of the bank in a new cream-colored, pressed brick building.
In 1982, The First National Bank opened the Motor Bank at the corner of Main and Fifth streets. The facility featured a new service for Durant residents, an ATM. The full service Northwest Heights Branch at 19th and University began operating in 1986. A remodel and expansion to the branch was completed in the spring of 2003 to accommodate a larger lending staff. Two major expansions have occurred since 1991 at the main branch, and the exterior was completely refurbished in 1994. The Boswell Bank was added to The First National family in August, 1997.
“Texoma” was added to the name in December of 2004 to better reflect the region served after a bank in Sherman, Texas located at 2626 Loy Lake Road was added to the banking family.